Featured Post- click on title

The CHRISTIAN part of the Christian States of America

Some time back, in an article called The WHY of the Christian States of America, I explained the reason why we- our country, that is- needed...

Monday, May 9, 2016

How to deal with God

How to deal with God. Pray often- pray directly to God the Father, or Jesus. Thank God for what you have been blessed with. You have been blessed much even if you do not posess wealth in the form of money and property. You are one of God's children, blessed with salvation through His son Jesus. 

Thank God for what you have- your food and water, your shelter, your friends and family. Your income, however large or small it is. And Thank God for His love, and His son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit gives us courage, hope, and (in my case, a wee bit of) understanding.

And try to listen for God's voice. Now God does not speak directly to me. Perhaps He speaks to some people, but I am not one of them. But I am convinced that God puts ideas and thoughts into my head, and I try to listen for them, and to pay attention to them. If I have a problem, or am undecided how to proceed, I wait for that still, small voice from God to help me. Then act on it. God will not tell you to do something that is evil. God will never tell you to hurt yourself. God will not give you stress, only peace.

This is my advice. I am only human, and make mistakes occasionally. If you doubt what I tell you, do not hesitate to check it with the Bible, and go by what you read for yourself in the Bible. I would get yourself a copy of the New Testament, or an Old Testament/New Testament Bible. 

Personally, I had read the entire New Testament before I attempted to read the Old Testament. As I said, if you are in doubt, check with the New Testament or pray for guidance.